Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Old Moor in the rain!

If I  used my mobile phone whilst driving I would probably get caught, however I would not have turned up for two meetings to find that they had been cancelled!
The positive side was that I had taken my bins etc. just in case so I got more birding time.
My first venue was Broomhill Flash. I soon filled a page of my notebook with the birds on view.
This pied wagtail came close to the hide looking for nesting material.
Old Moor was my next stop. There must be some giants about
this is the biggest deckchair I have ever seen!
This young robin was by the feeders
Tree sparrow farm has had a makeover
There are no feeders there at the moment. From Wath Ings hide a little grebe family were busy fishing

 
A coot was feeding its chick.
Wader scrape hide was my next stop where I could see green sandpiper, little ringed plover and common sandpiper as well as lots of black headed gulls. The common sandpiper came close enough for a shot.

Lapwings were feeding at the waters edge
Some young starlings were having a wash
Swifts were flying low and I tried several shots, this is the best(worse)
I presume that this is a family of gulls
There were lots of flowers along the path


I saw these butterflies

These cows were in front of the family hide
I called in at Fairburn Ings on the way home, but it was raining  so I just stopped near the moat and saw this common tern.

No comments:

Post a Comment